On Saturday we headed out a little before lunchtime. After grabbing some food at Bojangles (Man vs. Food should do some shows in North Carolina!) We then took the ferry. When we got off we headed to the beach house. There my grandparents were waiting. After hanging out there, we went Smithleys BBQ. Then we went to Walmart to get Super Soaker Squirt Guns.
On Sunday, my Uncle Danny, Aunt Carol, and Cara came over for lunch. We had delicious steak! We also caught about five Blue Crabs. Dad and the the Dowkers got there at 6:30.
On Monday, we went to Fort Macon. That place was awesome!! Mom and Keegan were about to have a cow over us going near the drop off (Look at picture). We got to learn about the role in history Fort Macon had. After that we went to the beach next to it, where we waded in the water.
Tuesday started off with us heading to the USS North Carolina. But first we ate lunch at the mall. There we saw a two story carousel! I had never heard of such a thing! Then we all got sunglasses. Then we headed to the USS North Carolina. If you are in Wilmington, then you HAVE to do this. The ship was massive! We got to man guns, see what the daily life of sailor was, and more. After that we went to get ice cream. Then we headed to the beach house.
On Wednesday, Mom found out that she forgot her camera at the Battleship. So Mom and Dad took Kinsley, Chloe, and Keegan with them to retrieve the camera. Mr.Kevin took me, Kale, Tori, and Cierra to the beach. On the way there it started to drizzle. We went down to the water, but didn't get to swim. We then headed to a little shopping center near the beach when the rain started to come down harder. We ate at Andy's, and then started to walk around. When we got to the Fudge Shop, we of course got fudge. When Mr. Kevin gave me a piece to split with Kale and his pocketknife, he heard me say to Kale: "OK. You get this half and I get this half. He gave me his pocketknife to shave of little bits. And he thought I was crazy. When I see something delicious, I shove it into my mouth. We then headed to the beach again. After about thirty minutes we went back to the beach house to change. Then we went back to the shopping center to meet up with Mom and Dad to watch Cars 2. When we got to the Movie Theater, the line was all the way out into the road. Mom went to the bathroom and saw that was only one ticket seller! So we headed to a theater in Jacksonville. Cars 2 was awesome! I think that it was better than Cars 1. then we went home.
On Thursday, I woke up to find out that Chloe had thrown up. Apparently there had been a lot of commotion going on around my bed, and I didn't wake up once! So Mom, Kinsley, and Chloe stayed home while the rest of us went to the beach. This time We got to stay for 3 hours. Then we headed home for lunch. After we rested up, we headed back tot he beach, this time with the whole crew. We stayed until dark.
On Friday, we packed up to leave. After saying our goodbyes, we headed out. First we went to my Nana Jo's and Grandaddy's to see them again. When we left my mom texted her friend Mrs.Michelle to ask if we could stop by. She said yes. Dad said we would visit for a few minutes. I said that when dad says that, we normally end up staying for a few hours. And I was correct. We stayed until 9:30, which I was perfectly fine with. We swam in their pool and had a good time. Then we headed home. Just as we were getting off I95 to get on Route 3, Kale threw up. We also found out that both of the Dowker girls got sick. Dad, Keegan, and Kinsley have gotten it, too. Luckily, Mom and I have yet to have it.
Even with the sickness, this vacation was an amazing one. I hated that it flew by so fast.
Fort Macon

Us at Fort Macon

USS North Carolina

Us at the Beach
Us with Garrett (Mrs.Michelle's Son)
No comments:
Post a Comment